Monday, July 5, 2004

Undergrad project

This is an office building design that I did in college 2nd year as academic work.

We were asked to design something modern and innovative. So I designed my building in the shape of an arrow, symbolizing growth and modernity. I was very happy to work out the FAR and area requirements for the first time as well. Strangely, the studio critic hated my design and asked me to change it (he apparently thought it was not build-able because of the "acute angles. hello?). But I was so in love with it and sticked with it. He even made me build a 1:1000 scale model for concept approval (it was no more than an inch by inch, and obviously the tiniest model I have ever made). I still use this work for all my portfolios!! Awwww

Talk about architect's ego!!



1 comment:

  1. It is really good work ,Also you should give the details of your book on chinese culture...like address of site etc for the readers to visit the book.

    ReplyDelete